On Tuesday, the House of Representatives voted 216-210 to remove House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, making him the shortest-serving Speaker since 1876.
This vote was spearheaded by Florida Republican Representative Matt Gaetz and saw several conservative members joining Democrats in this unprecedented action.
Representatives Andy Biggs (R-AZ), Ken Buck (R-CO), Tim Burchett (R-TN), Eli Crane (R-AZ), Bob Good (R-VA), Nancy Mace (R-SC) and Matt Rosendale (R-MT) all voted for the removal.
Additionally, Representative Taylor Marjorie Greene (R-GA) has publicly endorsed former President Donald J. Trump as her candidate for Speaker of the House.
Greene, a dedicated advocate for Trump, presented an extensive list hof arguments in favor of her endorsement, underscoring Trump’s accomplishments during his four-year presidency and his capacity to effect meaningful change in the nation.
“The only candidate for Speaker I am currently supporting is President Donald J. Trump,” Greene announced on Tuesday following McCarthy’s removal.
She went on to list a series of ambitious goals she believes Trump will achieve if elected as Speaker:
- End the war in Ukraine: Greene asserts that Trump has the diplomatic skills to bring an end to the ongoing conflict.
- Secure the border: A cornerstone of Trump’s previous administration, Greene believes he will finally achieve this long-standing goal.
- End the politically weaponized government: Greene accuses the current administration of using governmental power for political ends and believes Trump will put a stop to it.
- Make America energy independent again: Greene supports Trump’s previous efforts to make the U.S. less reliant on foreign energy.
- Pass legislation to stop transgender surgeries on kids and keep men out of women’s sports: A controversial point, but one that Greene firmly stands by.
- Support our military and police: Greene emphasizes Trump’s commitment to law enforcement and national defense.
- And more
Greene highlighted Trump’s four-year record as President of the United States of America as a strong reason for her endorsement, noting that he received a record number of Republican votes for any Republican presidential candidate. She suggested that Trump could not only be made Speaker but also re-elected President, expressing her belief that “he will MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!”
The only candidate for Speaker I am currently supporting is President Donald J. Trump.
He will end the war in Ukraine.
He will secure the border.
He will end the politically weaponized government.
He will make America energy independent again.
He will pass my bill to stop…
— Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene???????? (@RepMTG) October 4, 2023
MTG is not the only legislator advocating for Former President Donald J. Trump to assume the role of Speaker of the House. According to The Gateway Pundit, Congressman Troy Nehls (R-TX) expressed his intent to nominate Former President Trump for this position on Twitter.
“Kevin McCarthy will NOT be running again as Speaker. I nominate Donald J. Trump for Speaker of the House.”
Kevin McCarthy will NOT be running again as Speaker.
I nominate Donald J. Trump for Speaker of the House.
— Congressman Troy E. Nehls (@RepTroyNehls) October 3, 2023