Follow America's fastest-growing news aggregator, Spreely News, and stay informed. You can find all of our articles plus information from your favorite Conservative voices. 

The San Diego mosque shooting left three people dead and two suspects deceased, and officials are working through timelines, roles and what unfolded at the Islamic Center of San Diego and the adjacent school.

New Details Emerge About Suspects and Victims in San Diego Mosque Shooting

Police say officers arrived at the Islamic Center of San Diego within four minutes of the first call, finding three victims in front of the building. Those victims were later confirmed dead, and authorities quickly moved through the mosque and the nearby school to secure the scene and look for the shooter. The rapid response limited exposure to further harm as officers searched the campus and surrounding areas.

Investigators learned there were additional reports of gunfire in the neighborhood after the initial discovery, and they identified a landscaper who had been targeted but was not struck. Officers then located a vehicle containing two people believed to be the shooters, and both were found deceased inside the car. Police say no officers fired their weapons during the incident and that investigators believe the suspects died from self-inflicted gunshot wounds, though the inquiry is ongoing.

San Diego Police Chief Scott Wahl confirmed the three victims killed in the attack, and he described the local security guard as having “played a pivotal role” in preventing the attack from becoming even worse. Imam Taha Hassane identified the other two victims as staff members of the center. Chief Wahl also emphasized that all children at the school were accounted for and safe following the incident.

Wahl told reporters investigators believe the suspects died from self-inflicted gunshot wounds and said no officers fired their weapons during the incident, though the investigation remains ongoing.

Officials reported the two suspects were 17 and 19 years old, which has intensified questions about motive and access to weapons among young people. The Islamic Center of San Diego is described as the largest mosque in San Diego County and shares its address with the Lower Campus of Bright Horizon Academy, a private Muslim school serving pre-K through 12th grade students. The proximity of school facilities heightened the stakes for first responders and prompted a careful, coordinated police operation.

Witness accounts and aerial footage showed children being led from the parking lot while a heavy police presence surrounded the center, underscoring how quickly authorities moved to evacuate and protect those on site. Law enforcement sources noted that more than a dozen children were seen holding hands as they were walked out, a scene that captured the urgency and care taken by officers and staff. The evacuation procedures helped ensure no students were harmed during the unfolding situation.

Investigators continue to interview witnesses, review surveillance and collect evidence at multiple locations connected to the attack, and they are treating motive as an open question pending more information. Officials have said they will keep the public updated as the probe yields answers, and they stressed the importance of community cooperation with detectives. The investigation includes coordination between local police and other agencies to piece together the timeline and any planning behind the incident.

The two suspects in a Monday shooting at the Islamic Center of San Diego are dead, according to a police source. The Islamic Center is the largest mosque in San Diego County, according to its website. Aerial TV footage showed more than a dozen children holding hands and being walked out of the parking lot of the center that is surrounded by scores of police vehicles.

Community leaders and mosque representatives have expressed grief and gratitude, noting both the tragic loss and the swift work of the security guard and first responders. Local officials are balancing public information with the needs of an active criminal investigation, and they have asked anyone with relevant tips or video to come forward to help establish what happened. As details continue to emerge, families and congregants are coping with shock while officials pursue a full accounting of the events.

Authorities also reminded the public that investigations of this nature take time and that initial reports often change as new forensic and testimonial evidence appears. The focus remains on identifying motive, connecting any additional parties to the attack if they exist, and ensuring that measures are in place to prevent similar incidents. The community response so far has emphasized support for victims’ families and for the students and staff affected by the tragedy.

Add comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *